A cookie is a small text file that your navigator stores when you visit almost any website. Its use it so that the web can recognise your visit when you navigate on the page again. Cookies normally store technical information, personal preferences, personalised content, usage statistics, links to social media, access to user’s account etc…The cookie’s job is to adapt web content to your profile and needs and without them, the services offered by any page are notably impaired.
In compliance with Directive 2009/136/CE, transposed to our regulations in the second part of article 22 of the Law for the Information Society and Electronic Commerce Services following the directives of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, we inform you of their use in our webpage in detail.
WHAT A COOKIE IS NOT?
It is not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam, spyware, nor pop-up window.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES A COOKIE STORE?
Cookies do not normally store sensitive information about you, such as credit card numbers, bank details, photographs, your ID number or personal information, etc. The data they store are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalised content, etc.
The web server does not associate it to you as a person but as a web navigator. In fact, for example, if you normally navigate with Internet Explorer and try to navigate the same thing in Firefox or Chrome, you will see that they do not realize you are the same person because in reality you are associated with the navigator not the person.
COOKIES USED IN THIS WEBSITE
Following the directives from the Spanish Data Protection Agency we will inform you in as much detail and as accurately as possible.
This website uses the following own cookies:
- Session cookies in order to guarantee that users who write commentaries on the blog are humans and not automatic applications. In this way spam is combated.
This website uses the following third party cookies:
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies in order to produce statistics about traffic and volume of visitors in the website. By using this website you give tour consent to the processing of information about you by Google. By doing so, the exercise of any right in this way must be communicated directly to Google.
- Social media platforms: Each social media platform uses its own cookie when you click buttons such as “Like” or “Share”.
- Geolocalisation: These cookies are used to determine which country you are in when you solicit a webpage or service. This is a totally anonymous cookie and is only used to help orientate content to your location.
- Advertising: These types of cookie allow the advertisements to increase the information shown to each anonymous user of Ferrer Segarra S.A. The duration or visualization frequencies of advertising positions, their interactions, navigation patterns and/or user behaviours, amongst others, are stored to create a profile of advertising interest. In this way, they can offer advertising which are closer to the user’s interests.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
- Technical cookies: These are the basic type and allows them to find out when it is a human navigating or an automatic application, when an anonymous user or a registered user is navigating, amongst others; basic functional tasks of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information about the type of navigation being performed, the most used sections, consulted products, time slot of use, language, etc.
WHICH ARE OWN COOKIES AND WHICH ARE THIRD PARTY?
Own cookies are generated by the webpage you are visiting and third party ones are generated by services or external providers like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS?
We will only connect your cookie ID to the personal information sent and kept in relation with your account or subscription as long as you start a session in this account.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information sent to third parties, only used to offer you the previously stated services, will include analysis tools to compile statistics and optimise our website by offering you relevant material.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Ferrer Segarra S.A. does not store your personal information. You may eliminate these cookies from your computer or mobile device easily by using your navigator. You can deactivate cookies or receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile. If you opt for deactivating the cookies, you will not benefit from all the website characteristics.
DEACTIVATION AND ELIMINATION OF COOKIES
You may exercise your right to deactivate or eliminate cookies from our website at any time. These actions are performed differently depending on the navigator you are using.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DEACTIVATE THE COOKIES?
- In order to understand the scope of what may happen if you deactivate the cookies, we will show some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from the web in Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences which usually occurs in online shops.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of the website, if present, such as “My account”, “My profile” or “My orders”.
- Online shop (if present): It will be impossible for you to shop online and will have to be by telephone or by visiting the physical store, if one is available.
- It will not be possible to personalise your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics about visitors and web traffic, which will make the website less competitive.
- You will not be able to write in the blog, upload photos, publish comments or evaluate or score content. The web will also not be able to know if you are a human or an automatic application which publishes spam.
- Advertising in sections will not be shown which will reduce the advertising income of the website.
CAN COOKIES BE ELIMINATED?
Yes, they can. Not only eliminated but also blocked both generally and in specific domains.
To eliminate cookies form a website you should go to the configuration of your navigator and there you will be able to look for those associated with the domain in question and then proceed to eliminate them.
HOW DO YOU MANAGE COOKIES IN THE NAVIGATOR?
Below we include links to manage the cookies in the most widely used navigators:
- Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/es-ES/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
In some navigators you can configure specific rules to manage cookies by website, which gives more accurate privacy control. This means that you may disable cookies in all websites except those you trust.
This website uses Google Analytics, a webpage analytical service offered by Google Inc. The information obtained from Google Analytics does not allow the user to be identified and is only used for statistical ends.
You can find information about this tool here http://www.google.es/intl/es/analytics/
As a consequence of the aforementioned and following that stipulated in article 34.e) of the Data Protection Legislation and article 26.1 a) of Directive 95/46/CE of the European Parliament and Council of 24th October 1995, referring to the protection of physical persons and the treatment and free circulation of their personal information, if you continue navigating we consider that you give your full consent of this transfer.
You may oppose this data transfer by asking for it in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to the registered address of Ferrer Segarra S.A. or by disabling the cookies. It may be useful to use the programme designed by Google for this purpose and which you can find in this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
COOKIE CONFIRGURATION IN THE MOST POPULAR NAVIGATORS
Below we will show you how to access a specific cookie in the Chrome navigator.
Note: these steps may vary depending on the version of navigator used:
Go to “Configuration” or “Preferences” through the “File” menu or click on the personalise icon which appears at top right.
Click on “Show advanced options”.
Go to “Privacy” and “Content configuration”
Select “All cookies and site information”
A list of all cookies organised by domain will appear. In order to find the cookies from a specific domain introduce the address either partially or completely in the field “Find cookies”.
After performing this filter one or more lines will appear with the cookies from the requested website. Now you only have to select and press X to begin elimination.
To access the cookie configuration in Internet Explorer, follow these steps (which may vary depending on the navigator version used):
Go to “Tools” and “Internet options”.
Click on “Privacy”.
Move the slider to adjust the privacy level you desire.
To access the cookie configuration in Firefox, follow these steps (which may vary depending on the navigator version used):
Go to “Options” or “Preferences” depending on your operating system.
Click on “Privacy”.
In “History” select “Use a personalised configuration for history”.
Now you see the “Accept cookie” option and you can activate or deactivate it depending on your preference.
To access the cookie configuration in Safari for OSX, follow these steps (which may vary depending on the navigator version used):
Got to “Preferences” and then “Privacy”.
Here you will see the “Block cookies” option so that you can adjust the type of blocking you wish to perform.
To access the cookie configuration in Safari for iOS, follow these steps (which may vary depending on the navigator version used):
Go to “Settings” then “Safari”.
Go to “Privacy and Security” and you see the “Block cookies” option so that you can adjust the type of blocking you wish to perform.
To access the cookie configuration in Android devices, follow these steps (which may vary depending on the navigator version used):
Open the navigator and press “Menu” button and then “Settings”.
Go to “Privacy and Security” and you see the “Accept cookies” option to activate or deactivate the setting.
To access the cookie configuration in Windows devices, follow these steps (which may vary depending on the navigator version used):
Open “Internet Explorer” and then “More” and “Configuration”.
Now you can activate or deactivate the option “Allow cookies”.
Web navigators are tools designed to store cookies and your right to eliminate or deactivate them should be done from these places. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies on behalf of the aforementioned navigators.
In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the navigator does not forget your decision to not accept them.
In the case of Google Analytics cookies, the company stores cookies in servers located in USA and they pledge not to share anything with third parties, except when it is deemed necessary for the correct functioning of the system or when the law obliges them to do so. According to Google, no IP address is stored. Google Inc. is a company which adheres to the Safe Harbour Agreement which guarantees that all transferred data will be processed with a level of protection in line with European legislation. You can find more detailed information in this area in this link. If you want more information about the use of Google cookies we attach another link.